Steamed Mussels in White Wine (Gluten-free)
Steamed Mussels in White Wine
Prep: 30 mins // Cook: 5 mins // Total: 35 mins // Servings: 4 servings
|Steam Mussels in White Wine|
I had no idea how easy it was to make steamed mussels with white wine. Easy and delicious! A winning combination.
- 4 pounds Fresh Mussels
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 2 cloves Garlic - thinly sliced, not chopped or minced
- 1/4 cup Shallots (or onions) - chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- 4 tbsp Butter - unsalted
- 2 tbsp Parsley - chopped
- Fresh lemon juice - to taste
- Gather the ingredients.
- Sort, scrub, and de-beard the mussels. Rinse with cold water.
- Combine the wine, garlic, shallots, and black pepper in a wide stock pot or soup pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the mussels and cover the pan with a tightly fitting lid. Lower heat to medium-high and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until most of the mussels have opened. Don't overcook, or the mussels can become rubbery.
- Stir in the butter and parsley and stir until the butter melts into the liquid.
- Finish with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- Serve in large bowls with the cooking liquid, along with plenty of crusty bread for soaking up the fragrant sauce. A separate bowl for the empty shells will also come in handy.