5 Ingredients - Greek Yogurt Bagels - Gluten-free
5-Ingredient Gluten-Free BagelsEasiest recipe for Gluten-Free Bagels. (I just have to remember to take photos next time I make them.)
Prep Time 6 mins // Cook Time 20 mins // Servings: 4 bagels
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill 1:1 Gluten-Free Flour Blend (more if needed)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 egg whites divided
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- Everything bagel seasoning topping or sesame seeds, poppy seeds, garlic powder, dried onion flakes - optional
- Preheat the oven to 400º F. Place a silpat on your baking sheet and set aside (alternatively, you could use parchment paper sprayed lightly with cooking spray).
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Whisk together and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk 1 egg white until frothy, then add yogurt and mix well.
- Add yogurt mixture to the flour mixture and mix well. If the dough is too sticky, add a bit more flour until you can handle the dough without it sticking to your hands.
- Using your hands, form the dough into a large dough ball, then divide it into four sections.
- Roll each section into thick ropes and then attach the ends to form a bagel shape.
- Lightly brush the other egg white over the top of each bagel and sprinkle with topping of choice.
- Bake for 20 minutes until tops are lightly browned. Enjoy!
- The dough will come together well but don't be afraid to use your hands to really work the dough into place.
- Store unused bagels in a zip top bag in your fridge for two days or freeze.
- These bagels freeze extremely well, so feel free to make a big batch to enjoy for the week (or month).
- When you're ready to enjoy one, zap it for 20 seconds in the microwave, cut it in half with a serrated knife, and lightly toast it in your toaster.