Gluten Free Apple Fritter Bread
|From our very own apple trees.|
I've been looking on Pinterest and Googling all kinds of recipes lately, trying to find those that I actually have all the ingredients. I'm ashamed to admit, some recipes have ingredients that I have no idea what they are or where to get/find them.
When I find a recipe like this one "Gluten Free Apple Fritter Bread" I get all excited. I usually want to try it right away. And I have to say, this one did not disappoint us, it's a keeper!
The recipe is very straight forward and easy, with basic ingredients. We opted not to add the glaze, it was already sweet enough for us and perfect without it. The hardest part really was waiting until it had cooled on the wire rack.
Maybe next year we'll be able to make it with our own apples!
Gluten Free Apple Fritter Bread Recipe
· 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
· 2/3 cup white sugar
· 2 large eggs
· 1 1/2 cup Bob's Redmill Gluten Free 1:1 Baking Flour
· 1 3/4- 2 tsp baking powder
· 1/2 cup milk
Brown Sugar Mix:
· 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
· 1 tsp cinnamon
· 2 apples, peeled, cored, chopped (any kind)
· 2 Tbsp white sugar
· 1 tsp cinnamon
· 1/4 cup powdered sugar
· 1-2 Tbsp half and half cream or milk, until desired consistency. (If too thick, add 1 Tbsp more milk.)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In small bowl, combine the brown sugar mix, set aside.
3. In large bowl, start mixing the bread batter.
a. First, add the butter and sugar. (With electric mixer, mix well.)
b. Add the eggs, mix well.
c. Sprinkle on the flour and baking powder, mix well.
d. Add milk, mix well, set aside.
4. In third bowl prepare the apple mix, add apples, sugar, and cinnamon, mix well.
5. To assemble loaf:
a. Add 1/2 the bread batter mix to loaf pan, spread out with spatula.
b. Add 1/2 of the apple mix.
c. Add 1/2 of the brown sugar mix.
d. Next, add the rest of the bread batter mix, spread out.
e. Top with the rest of the apple mix, and finally the rest of the brown sugar mix.
6. Bake, uncovered, in preheated oven, about 60-70 minutes until browned, and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Cool on wire rack in pan until cool.
8. Top with glaze if desired (optional).
9. Slice and enjoy! (Freezes well if you want to keep some for another day.)
Original recipe/post from https://glutenfreefromscratch.com/f/gluten-free-apple-fritter-bread-1