Burger Buns - Easy and Gluten Free (and Maple Syrop Burger patties)
|Home made buns and maple flavored burgers!|
We're looking forward to spring, can you tell? Mid-February and we're already on the BBQ. For those who are wondering, yes, it's still too early in year. We have way to much snow.
|Yes, it's that cold! 😀|
Quick & Delicious GF Hamburger Buns
- 2 1/2 cup gluten-free flour mix
- 2 1/2 tsp quick/rapid-rise yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup warm/hot water
- 1/4 cup butter, softened/half melted
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper OR silicon mat.
- In a mixer bowl, combine dry ingredients (GF flour, yeast, xanthan gum, salt)
- Add the wet ingredients (milk, warm water, butter, honey, eggs)
- Beat 3-4 minutes.
- Drop 10 even piles of dough on the prepared cookie sheet. Use wet hands to smooth and shape the dough into hamburger bun shapes. I prefer them a bit wider and flatter.
- Sprinkle top of dough with sesame seeds (optional)
- Brush dough with melted butter (optional, but highly recommended)
- Let rise, uncovered, in a warm location for 30-35 minutes. The dough will puff up a bit, but not double in size.
- Bake at 400F for 15 minutes, until nicely browned.
- Remove to a cooling rack. Slice and serve!
Note: I used active yeast, so they did not rise like the original recipe said, but they were still delicious!!!
Recipe found here: https://successfullyglutenfree.blogspot.com/2014/10/quick-delicious-gf-hamburger-buns.html
|Maple syrup burger patty|
Maple Syrup Burger Patty
Papi has been making his "special" burgers for years. But since his celiac diagnosis, he hadn't tried them yet. He wasn't sure what to substitute the breadcrumbs with. He tried it with the GF bread crumbs, but they didn't absorb the maple syrup the same way and we had "charcoaled" burgers for supper that day. We have now found the perfect compromise.
- 1 pkg Lean Ground beef (+/- 1.5 pounds? enough for 6 burgers)
- 2 Tbsp GF Bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup Pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup GF Quick cooking rolled oats
- Pre-heat BBQ (bring grill to 500, then lower temp to med-high when ready to cook)
- Line a big plate or tray with parchment paper.
- In a big bowl, combine all ingredients. (We use our hands to ensure everything is well blended/mixed together.
- Separate your meat in 6 portions. Shape into burger patties (on the prepared plate/tray).
- Clean grill (if needed)
- Place on grill and cook burger to your liking.
- Throw out parchment paper, your plate/tray is ready for your cooked patties.